Friday, August 20, 2010

Trekking or Hiking Pants for Women

As someone who is planning to do the Inca Trail this October, my mission has been to find some cute, yet practical trekking clothes to wear. I don't want to have an "Elle Woods" (Legally Blonde reference) moment and show up looking ridiculously girly, but I still want to show off my figure and not feel frumpy all week...even without such precious commodities like showers...

A LOT of women's hiking/trekking clothing is very unflattering, in my opinion. It took me a while, but when I saw the North Face's Horizon Utility Pants (see picture/link below) I knew I had finally found what I was looking for.

These pants are flattering in their fit-they hug your figure but still hang loose enough to be incredibly comfortable when you are moving or sitting. They look a little like snowboarding pants (well mine do at least, as they are in black) but are VERY light. They dry quickly, and even cooler-- they fold into their own pocket making them incredibly compact!

Some other cool features are that you can roll them up and fasten the rolls to discreet buttons on the side to quickly turn them into capris, and then back again into pants if it gets chilly. They are also SPF 50, giving your legs extra sun protection.

The bottoms fit nicely over your boots or hiking sandals, once again eliminating possible "frumpiness". Did I mention how COMFORTABLE they are?

Best of all, they will not break the bank! In fact, they are on the less expensive side of hiking/trekking pants I have looked at.

I highly recommend these for light hiking, trekking, or even traveling (sitting on a plane for 10 hours, etc) wear.

The North Face Horizon Utility Pant - Women's Dune Beige, 4/Reg

No comments: